Field of study: Energetic (first cycle studies)
- Renewable Energy Production and Conversion
- Energy Technologies
Form of studies: extramural
Professional title: engineer
Duration of studies: 3.5 years / 7 semesters
The graduate obtains the title: Energetic Engineer
Educational profile according to the standards of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Knows the teaching contents of the basic, general and specialty subjects included in the academic syllabus for the studies which are organized in accordance with the accreditation of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
- Has the skills and competences specified in the learning objectives of the abovementioned accreditation, which are acquired in the process of internalization of the teaching contents of the subjects included in the academic syllabus, in particular:
- has knowledge of new energy technologies, including renewable energy,
- knows phenomena, processes and devices connected with conversion of energy from renewable energy into electricity and heat,
- has basic knowledge of power engineering as well as power systems and networks,
- knows and understands the principles of proper operation of machines and energy devices,
- has the basic knowledge of control and automation of technological processes in power industry,
- has the knowledge of managing both the supply and consumption of energy to technological processes, facilities powered by electricity, gas and heat,
- knows the rules of energy transmission in networks,
- has the knowledge of diagnostics of energy devices and protection techniques,
- has the basic knowledge of nuclear power and energy security,
- understands the impact of energy transformation processes on the environment and the methods of its assessment,
- has the knowledge of energy resources and the strategies of their usage,
- has the knowledge of new/current conditions and legal regulations in the energy sector,
- understand the principle of functioning of energy enterprises,
- understands the principles of economy and the management of energy enterprises,
- is able to prepare and complete technical and project documentation,
- has a good command of English, including using and understanding basic technical vocabulary,
- can design simple electrical, mechanical and energy systems,
- is able to assess energy consumption of a production process, understands the concept and the practice of ENERGY EFFICIENCY,
- has the knowledge of principles of management and production in business entities related to production, distribution and use of electricity, gas and heat, including renewable energy, and is able to apply them,
- understands basic economic laws and legal regulations concerning running a business and is able to apply them in practice,
- can use basic IT tools at the ECDL level (EuropeanComputerDrivingLicence),
- Has the ability to self-study.
The graduate has the knowledge, skills and competences sufficient to participate in a second cycle studies organized by technical or economic faculties.
The graduate's knowledge, skills and social competences are appropriate to work in companies related to energy and environmental protection, including renewable energy, energy services, production, operation and energy management, state and local administration bodies, non-governmental institutions, production entities.
The title of an Energetic Engineer entitles you to:
- participating in graduate courses at all polytechnics (obtaining the title of M.Sc. in Engineering) and selected economic universities,
- work in managerial positions,
- Expanding knowledge during postgraduate studies.
What will you learn during ENERGETICS graduate programme?
The ENERGETICS graduate has solid engineering knowledge in:
- basic fields of energy (electricity, gas and liquid fuels, nuclear power),
- construction, operation of energy systems and devices,
- modern solutions in energy (renewable energy, alternative energy sources, biomass, wind, solar energy),
- current problems of the energy sector (energy and environmental protection, modern energy-saving technologies, including in the automotive industry),
- economy of energy (company, national, EU and global scale),
- Energy law.
The ENERGETICS graduate has skills in the following areas:
- cooperation in a group and managing a team of employees,
- basic knowledge of economics and management,
- basic knowledge of accounting,
- knowledge of the latest information technologies,
- Basic knowledge of a foreign language.
The graduate of the Energetic engineering programme obtains qualifications in the field of:
- design, maintenance and operation of energy systems and devices,
- planning and supervision over energy management,
- implementation of energy standards,
- implementation of environmental protection standards related to the use of energy,
- Creating energy balance sheets for the variety of enterprises.
Where can you find a job as an ENERGETICS graduate?
- energy operators (electricity, gas, fuels),
- State and local administration, non-governmental environmental protection institutions, production companies, enterprises related to energy and environmental protection.
What ADDITIONALCOURSES can you choose?
- Preparation for the ECDL Certificate (EuropeanComputerDrivingLicence - Computer Driving License, recognized in all European Union countries),
- Energy-saving motorization (with elements of mechatronics).